Documentation and Testing Specialist/Technical Writer
Experience: 5 to 7 yrs
Educational qualification: BE / BTech / MTech / ME/ MCA
- Collection and documention of business requirements, interfacing with project delivery team, testing and delivering application documentation, and recommending effective solutions.
- Verification of business requirements and functional specifications by ensuring that high level business requirements are decomposed properly into useable functional requirements.
- Acting as the interface between the technical teams and the customer. Defining and writing functional specifications and/or user stories for configuration, user exits, and custom programs.
- Analysis of user requirements and documentation of processes and procedures according to the specification of the customer requirements.
- Writing and reviewing design document explaining overall architecture, framework and high-level design of the application.
- Creation and review of test scenarios, scripts, and test plans in collaboration with Quality Assurance
(QA) to satisfy functional unit tests, regression tests and system integration tests. Execution of test cases and preparation of comprehensive testing reports. Ad-hoc testing for quick fixes and priority deployments.
- Analysing error incidents including Intermediate Document (IDoc) rejects and system errors.
- Creating and maintaining software development and delivery schedule. Ensuring the deadlines are met on a timely basis while adhering to the SLAs.
- Creating value proposition and performing cost benefit analysis.
- Conducting market research and preparing reports.
- Creating detailed SOPs, process manuals, and training decks.
- Participating in competency building activities and internal trainings.
- Providing editorial and technical review support.
- Presenting, discussing and demonstrating Technology Best Practices.
- Attending discussions/demos, installing and learning software, and documenting new features/workflows and related updates. Coordinating with different stakeholders to obtain inputs and suggesting improvements in the workflows.
- Microsoft Office Visio, Star UML, Lucid Chart or any other UML tools.
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility for the entire documentation life cycle, including information gathering, documentation, illustration and application of layouts using various in-house standards where required.
- A background in systems analysis, including requirements analysis and project planning is preferred. Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) is desirable.
- Experience in publication of user documentation in a variety of formats, such as HTML Help and browser-based Help, compile and test online help.
- Experience in writing, proofreading and editing technical documentation, such as project life-cycle documentation, user manuals, training material, installation and configuration manuals, software design documentation and test plans.
- Experience in Software Testing. Working experience in at least one of the contemporary testing automation solutions.
- Experience in agile and DevOps methodologies.
- A demonstrated ability to work and communicate with various levels of personnel, such as software engineers, test engineers, supervisors and management.